Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Friday, June 13, 2014

Devins attempt at blogging

I think for this attempt at blogging, I'm going to list the things that have happened to me because of stupidity this week. Im going to start out with my stupidity to agree to eat extremely spicy salsa on the first day we got to New Orleans. It was not that bad until I walked outside the shop and realized I was only paying attention to my mouth. It is in this mindset that one would be considering jumping into the Mississippi to relieve the pain. Luckily, Alec and Ryan, who had given me the idea to eat the salsa knew what was better for me and took my insalsacated self to a gelato shop. At the time, my whole mouth was numb so the gelato essentially saved my mouth and allowed me to speak properly again. On the bright side, I now know never to do that again so it was a learning experience. The other really incident that really stood out was tom managing to hit me in the jaw with a thrown soda can. At the food bank, Tom had the bright idea of throwing everything on the sorting conveyer belt. This did not work out well as Tom really can not throw anything well. As I bent down to pick up one of Tom's missed throws, his next throw caught me in the jaw. As a disclaimer at the end of this, these were the worst tings that happened to me on this trip so the rest of the trip was generally amazing. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Learning can be painful!
Beware really old food at stops on the way home (beef jerky doesn't improve with age) and duck flying beverages. :)