Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Greetings from Joplin! This is Jimmy Morrissey, and first of all, I'd like to say that this has been an amazing Mission Trip. Working with all of these great people to help others has been quite an experience, and I'm so glad that I came along on this trip.

This morning, I awoke to Tom announcing that there was too much rain, and we would unfortunately not be able to work today. Although I was disappointed to find out that the weather had taken a turn for the worse, I was relived to have two hours of much-needed sleep. So, instead of working on Rick's house for the day, the MPUC Youth took a field trip to the local mall, and many of us consumed the sweet, sweet, liquid that only can be described as pop. You can imagine that my craving for this had only grown after not seeing it for a week.

When we returned, many of us headed to a local pool, although others stayed behind and played cards. Speaking of cards, this week I was privileged  enough this week to expand the group's knowledge of cards, from learning how to play two games ( Up and Down the River, Hearts) to adding a third (Euchre). This has been quite a hit, and we've had a few tournaments already.

This week I've been so glad to work on building Rick's house, as it has given me a chance how to learn how to do things such as use a circular saw ( which is ironically my father's) and construct framing and sheathing. I've also had perhaps too much fun with the hammer and crowbar in demolition, but everyone is allowed their guilty pleasures now and then.

Its been a great week, and I can't wait for our last day of construction to begin tomorrow!
Peace, Jimmy

No comments: