Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Thursday, June 21, 2012

BREAKING UPDATE

This morning, Thursday June 21, at 7:45, we were all...sleeping. Now before you start freaking out, yelling, "WHY?!? WHY ARE THEY SLEEPING WHEN THERE ARE HOMES TO BE WORKED ON?!?" just chill for a second. There were some booming thunderstorms last night and some rain this morning and the leaders made an executive decision that things would be too wet to work today. SO we are swapping the tomorrow plan for the today plan. We got to sleep in until 9:00 instead of having to wake up at 7:00 which was: so nice. We are having our break day today by going to a nearby mall and then possibly a swimming pool if the weather improves! Tomorrow we will have a full work day happy and dry in the sunlight predicted.

In other news, we got some matching Next Step t-shirts. They are a 50/50 cotton/polyester blend.

By the way, this is Henry and I am having a great time! The work is fun, productive, and very satisfying. I am learning a lot of new skills like sheathing, window installation, and how-to-work-on-a-roof-without-dying. And I have been able to share some of my previous knowledge like how to use a power drill and reciprocating saw (which I use to cut through this giant cast iron pipe and it took a long time but made me feel sooooo B.A.).

There has been an abundance of card games and Jimmy taught some of us how to play Euker. Plenty of wiffle ball games, but alas no hacky-sack...sigh. We have filled the hack gap by indulging in fro-yo not once, but twice! So good.

Tom is here! It was so nice seeing him getting driven in from the airport in the big silver van with a big smile on his face an a joke all ready to go.

I hope all is well back in the 651! Sending my love back to mom, dad, ben, claire, etc!
Henry B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well! Sounds like the trip is going great and you are learning so much. I saw Tom at church and he told me the exciting news about his recovery and being able to go. Continue to have a great time and I can't wait to hear all your stories when you arrive in Oregon. I have plenty of my own.

Miss you and I love you!

Claire