Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bridge Project

Today me and my group went to the Bridge Project, the same location we went to on Monday. For some reason I feel like today's experience was much more eye-opening then the previous time. Right off the bat when we got there a girl who I had somewhat connected with on Monday came up to me saying "I hate my life, I hate my life..". When I asked her why, she wouldn't tell me all she said was "Cause.". Later when they were doing assignments on the computers, the kids had an assignment to write about their favorite holiday. The same girl wrote "My favorite holiday is Valentine's day. I like valentine's day because you get lots of love." Her answer really hit me because later in the day, she was saying how she didn't want to go home, and she was dreading it. This little girl was by far the biggest impact on my experience here in Denver. I don't think I will ever forget her. Please keep Odyssey in your prayers.
Well it's 10:39 here, and I'm pretty sure lights out was nine minutes ago, so Ellie and I should really be getting to bed.
Goodnight all! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!
Lily Brown
P.S. - Mom can you clean my room so I can sleep all day on Saturday? Caroline broke my bed.
P.S.S- Simon, your pants are on fire.
GOODNIGHT!!!

1 comment:

JulieSB said...

Oh, Lily....My arthritis. I just don't know if I can clean your room..... xoxoxoxox