Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reflections of Home -- All of Us

Because we seem to always be working to help people recover their home, by working to rehab the house, we today discussed what we all thought when we think of "home."  Here are some thoughts:

Home is where I want to return at the end of a long days work. Its a place where I feel safe to be myself and relax. - Dan

Home is where you feel more comfortable being vulnerable and your authentic self.  It can be a place, but is most often with people. -Grace KL

Home is a place where you're able to express emotions in a way where they are understood and appreciated, where sincerity is cherished, and laughter is abundant. -Paul

Home is when I can allow myself to be free of worldly constrictions and be content, and it is not tethered to  a specific location but rather this feeling.-Liam

For me, I know I have found home when I step onto my driveway, walk through my backyard and finally reach my backdoor because I know I can relax when I get inside. -Ryan

Home isn't where you spend the most time. Home is where you create the most memories. It's where you're able to act towards and relate to others in ways which are personal and truthful to yourself. -Simon

To me home is a place where I can go to feel safe and included no matter what state of mind I am in or how I am acting-Alec 

Home is the place where you can zone out and just think and not let anything else confront or bother you. -Devin

Home is where I am with the people I love; it is where I am doing the things I love and most importantly when I feel loved. -Erica

Home is wrapped in the arms of someone who loves you unconditionally. -Grace

Home is where it's ok to be yourself, and not be judged at all. -Abram

Home is wherever you find yourself wishing to be when you're somewhere else. - Avery

Home is where I feel the most secure and the most at ease -Ben B.




1 comment:

NormsYouthMission said...

We asked a similar question in New Orleans a long time ago and I remember my answer being very different from most others. At that time many talked about a safe place, a place to be "yourself", but few thought of home as the people. This year so many comments are about "people" and "love".

It's always amazing to see the depth of thought and understanding from this group of teenagers. I miss you all!