Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Reflection on Day 4

Today we were asked to contemplate what we had brought to New Jersey with us and what our worth was and it made me think pretty hard about what I have done on this trip. On the trip here I hadn't entered a work mindset, you could say my mind was blank, and when the first day of work came it was definitely a wake up call; it helped me discover what I really could contribute to the group and I have decided that my ability is to do everything that I am capable of with as much determination as possible, whether it be demolishing a wall with a sledge hammer, or nailing a board into place. I have had set backs on the trip, cutting my foot on a ladder, slamming my thumb with a hammer, and hitting my knee with a crowbar, but I have noticed a similar energy in my teammates, and its evident in the work they do and their willingness to assist. If there is one thing I take out of this trip its that, even if I can't contribute a lot to a cause, I am going to give my all, because that is what I can bring to the table. -Liam

No comments: