Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Monday, June 16, 2008

Ramblings of a Twit.

There are many things that I'm okay with here in New Orleans, I can accept the fact that the minute I step outside (inside too in some cases) I will be drenched in sweat in under a minute, I can deal with walking two blocks to take a shower on an even hour of the day, I can even get used to monster bugs, Lizards (They're Green Anoles dad!), and Newts that moonlight as snakes showing up without a moment's notice. BUT! If you expect me to fill up on PB&J, boiled eggs, carrots, and Nutri-Grain bars for lunch during a work day then you have another thing coming!
Oh well. I suppose I can just eat a bug or something, they're big enough! today we saw a massive black grasshopper that was as big as my palm! (I have huge hands)
But heedless of all my food shortage woes life goes on vibrantly here in Nawlins, Loosiana. A visit to the French quarter yesterday is the height of the trip so far, we went to the same voodoo shop as last year and I got my dad his father's day present (I just hope he doesn't curse me!)
Apparently I have a reputation already with the Project Homecoming volunteers working with us. Someone probably told them about my berserk mutilation of a kind old couple's floor (don't worry we were taking it out anyway) or one of my other marginally interesting achievements.
Alright I've rambled long enough! Time for a good hot shower and then... Dinner!

All my love to my friends and oh I guess you too family,
-Matt D.

No comments: