Blog Updates sent via Email

It is now possible to receive blog updates via email. Once a day, you will receive an single convenient email with all the updates from the previous 24 hours. No updates, no email. No spam, no ads, all blog and only blog.

To subscribe to this service, click the following link, enter the email address you want to use and you will get a confirmation email sent there. Confirm the email and you will be subscribed. There is an unsubscribe link included in every email.

Subscribe to Macalester-Plymouth Youth Mission News by Email

Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Hey All!

On Monday, we split into 5 different work groups. I was in the group that cleaned ALL of the red chairs in the church. Now we are talking about cleaning about 150 plus chairs! This was one of 4 jobs that the Youth have been assigned to complete over the week. The whole process took about 3 hours and we are VERY glad that we are done with them! I think that the hardest part of the cleaning was the hauling of the chairs in and out of the church. In addition to the shampoo cleaning, Matt had the pleasure of trying to scrub out the stains that did not come out when we were done with the shampoo wash. I can honestly say that the cleaning of the chairs was not my project that I wanted to do, but I learned something from this project. I learned just because we were not in South Dakota does not mean that there is no mission/service work here in St. Paul. I never knew how much worked needed to be completed in our own church and I am glad that our Sr. High Youth and the adults were able to complete projects that might have otherwise never been completed! Going into the week, I was upset about not going to SD but I came into the week with a "The trip is not what could have been in SD but what it is going to be here in St.Paul" mind set. And so far the week has been great!

Clara D.

No comments: